@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.

+8
Chickadee
Simritdave
Chris Meyer
Prof Pat Pending
RichK
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Dermot
Liberty
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.

Post by RichK Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Take it you have you logger app on on your mobile  on logging mode Deano or have you really taken you boat to Tescos in Stalham Shocked Laughing
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.

Post by Simritdave Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:46 pm

It looks like he spent a long time in the Beer Aisle!!
Simritdave
Simritdave
Lieutenant Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:40 pm

lol!
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 pm

If you zoom in on Stalham it's like one of those kids puzzles in the comics with the tangled ropes and you have to help the monkey find the banana Smile or in this case helping Deano find his boat.
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:59 pm

After the visit to the beer aisle
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by F23 flittermouse - RIP Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Steering on the blink again  !!Captain
F23 flittermouse - RIP
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:20 am

He averaged 1.9 kts walking around Stalham Laughing
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:18 am

Oops! 1.9 knots.??? Would not have achieved that with SWMBO in tow!!!

Made it as far as Wroxham broad today. Fulfilling my social duties as a guest of the NBYC. #LivingTheDream

The food and coffee are great. The sailing looks good but slightly damp as it is battering it down with rain. But as a bonus my host's son just won his class. ...... Roll on lunchtime. Drip. Drip. Drip!!!
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by F23 flittermouse - RIP Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:40 am

Forecast for the weekend looks better, if you can believe BBC weather.
Quite the celebrity Deano    afro
F23 flittermouse - RIP
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:12 am

My face is instantly recognisable in many establishments...... Mainly due to Crimewatch and that misunderstanding about a camel, a young lady and a bag of coal!!!!
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:06 pm

It's a shame to find the standards in the Swan in Horning are no better than when I last visited.
The service is slow and unprofessional. There are fruit flies everywhere. The place is filthy. The beer is about average yet overpriced. Sadly it's best asset is the free wifi!!!
I know I should have gone to the New Inn. But the Swan was closer.
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:43 pm

I don't think I've ever been in the Swan, sounds like I made the right choice with the New Inn...not that I had a choice, the kids always wanted to make a bee line for the garden. 

Did you go to the Maltsters the other day?
What's that like these days?
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:11 pm

I never made it as far as the Maltsters.
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:31 pm

Thought I saw your outside on your log ... oh well, perhaps I'll check it out next week Wink
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.  - Page 4 Empty sailhouse meet

Post by Kev and Debs Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:47 pm

HI ALL
We should be arriving at mid day.
can anyone tell me when bbq is and what time beer tent opens.
kev and debs

Kev and Debs
Officer Cadet

http://www.theengravingshop.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by F23 flittermouse - RIP Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:08 pm

It's whenever you arrive with the BBQ and the beer  toast
F23 flittermouse - RIP
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:03 am

Prof Pat Pending wrote:Thought I saw your outside on your log ... oh well, perhaps I'll check it out next week Wink
Outside, but not inside!!!!   Old Man Old Man Old Man Old Man   Behaving myself.... for a change!!
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:06 pm

Really!!! There's a first time for everything I suppose Wink
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:38 pm

On the way back to Norfolk today to resume the summer cruise. A week or so skulking about the broads then reverse the trip back to Kings Lynn. I should have a crew this time. May head south and break out of Lowestoft.
More details closer to the time.
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by F23 flittermouse - RIP Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Sorry, No trophies for the longest return journey  Twisted Evil 

Are you visiting Beccles? would meet up if so.
F23 flittermouse - RIP
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Currently moored in Lake Lothing, after a bumpy sea trip from Gt Yarmouth. Locking through to Oulton in the morning. I may make it to Beccles but may take the chance to nip to Southwold for a night later in the week.
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by F23 flittermouse - RIP Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Boats out of action,leaking exhaust manifold  Crying or Very sad
Wont be fixed until maybe early next week so Beccles off my agenda.
F23 flittermouse - RIP
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:25 pm

So... I've made it to the Southern Broads.  Wow... everything is so expensive.....!!!   Mooring at the Waveney River Centre £10 a night + more to swim, more for electric, more for water.  I'm surprised they don't charge you to drink tea on your own boat!!!!
Oulton Broad not much better £8.50 a night but at least the water is free and there is a nice man to tie your ropes.

So I shot out of Yarmouth and turned right..... kept the land on my right until I got to Lowestoft.  Moored up at the home of MTB 102 for the night and locked through next morning.  (£12) They had to lift the road bridge for me so it felt like value for money!!!

I've spent time catching up an various boat jobs.  I cleaned out the sliding window tracks of all the moss and crap.  Cleared out the drain holes too!!  The cabin window that only used to open an inch now opens all the way after cleaning and lubing the plastic runners.  The remote stern gland lubricators were down to the last turn so they came off and were refilled with grease. A messy but satisfying job.  All engine fluids checked and topped up as I am being joined by two pals tonight and we plan to nip down the coast to Southwold for some Adnams.  An overnight in the little river/harbour there and back on Sunday.  I will of course be on Marinetraffic.com and Boatlogger .... if I remember to turn it on!!
Currently at WRC, despite the costs, the power pole next to my boat had 90p credit, there is free WiFi and a shower you can stand up in!!!!
I am now over the 300 (statute) mile mark according to the ships log... and who is to doubt it???  This has turned out to be the best boating adventure ever..... I assume the real world is still happening???
Enough twaddle from me now.... I'm off to sit in the sun and work up a sweat.... need to get value for money out of those showers!!!
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Sounds like you're having a blast...work up a sweat? it's too damp here for that, but hopefully all change tomorrow as we're out on the river for 2 weeks Smile
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Meyer Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:44 am

Ive been working at Shiplake college for the last two weeks, it seemed every time I looked out of a window there was a freeman going up or coming down.  No sign of Deano though, Pat let me know if you get as far as Bourne End, we can meet up.

Chris

Chris Meyer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next