@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pennywise

5 posters

Go down

Pennywise Empty Pennywise

Post by willbrown Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Hello, 

I wanted to introduce myself and my new boat Pennywise. I have been trawling the forum and have found all sorts of useful information. I am a novice, so the shared knowledge here is invaluable. The boat is in nice condition and is a mostly original 23' with the 997cc Seawolf engine. I bought her from Sawley Merina up in the East Midlands and had her moved down to Benson where Andrew from Sheridan Marine met me to bring her down to Moulsford. The guys at SM did some great work to get her ready for our first cruise and I must say that Andrew was very generous with his time and helped me find my feet with the boat and handling it. We had four days on-board in the lovely weather last week up around Long Wittenham. It was utterly enchanting for my wife and our 3 year old boy and we are now completely hooked  

sunny

She will be moored in Teddington, at the Lensbury, a mile from our house so we can enjoy lots of trips. I have already seen some lovely Freemans on the river and look forward to seeing plenty more. Fantastic boats.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

willbrown
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Pennywise Empty Re: Pennywise

Post by Prof Pat Pending Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:12 pm

Welcome to the forum and to Freeman ownership.

We'll be having a meet just downstream of Sheridan over the August bank holiday weekend, feel free to join us Smile
If you can't make that, I'm sure our paths will cross on the river, we're based in Oxford
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:11 pm

You seem to have bought a lovely boat. Ownership of a boat will be a lifetime interest. Wonderful for family time and the enjoyment of some simple pleasures.
I hope the Pennywise name can be retained or otherwise may need to have II added (for example). There's another Pennywise afloat at Old Windsor - not a Freeman and not recently relicensed by absentee family - and generally on the Thames the EA wish to have a unique name to each boat in the absence of a numeric ID system as found on most other waterways. On the other hand if you've successfully relicensed as Pennywise already then its the other family which by omission will have given themselves a small problem!

Stephen
Lieutenant Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:16 pm

What a lovely looking 23. Looks immaculate. Welcome to the forum. Cheers jed

Last edited by Jed on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spell)
Jed
Jed
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by willbrown Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:03 pm

Thank you for the welcome and kind comments. 

@Prof Pat Pending - I am taking the boat down to Teddington on 10th August so afraid I'll be at the wrong end of the Thames over the bank hols. I'd enjoy hooking up with other Freeman owners so will keep a keen look out for future events, not to mentions boats like Anne and others mentioned here. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - you are on the mark about downtime etc, feels like a completely different world. I didn't check my phone (and neither did my wife hers) in four days. Bliss. Regards the name - interesting - I must have gazumped the other Pennywise as mine is registered with EA since a fortnight ago under that name. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - thank you. The guys at SM worked their magic but like all classics - she's a way from perfect but has just the right patina and hasn't been messed about with. Lots of signs and proof that the previous owners cared a lot for her. I will make sure that continues.

willbrown
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:01 am

We did Oxford to the Barrier last year, you’ve got loads of time to get back Laughing

Have fun Smile
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Meyer Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 am

Welcome to our world, by this time next year you'll be a seasoned, dare I say intrepid mariner, maybe join in our second tidal cruise, August 15-16th 2020 Depart Teddington, cruise in company down through port of London, overnight in one of the locked basins, last year it was Limehouse, and return upriver on the Sunday. 11 of us did it last year [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chris Meyer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Meyer Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:41 am

A herding of cats, has nothing on us

Chris Meyer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by willbrown Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:27 am

Hi Chris, I am definitely up for the tidal cruise next year - looks great - i've put the dates in the diary. 

Cheers,
Will

willbrown
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum