@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aspray 1 Freeman 32 Mk2

4 posters

Go down

Aspray 1 Freeman 32 Mk2 Empty Aspray 1 Freeman 32 Mk2

Post by Steve How Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:38 pm

Having just joined the forum, I thought I would show you some before and after pictures of my 'pride and joy'.

Having previously owned a Freeman 24 and 27, and always wanting an older 32 Mk2, when I saw this sorry looking boat in a marina in Windsor in 2012, I just had to go for it.

The previous owner was a bit of a hoarder to say the least, however I could see the potential of restoring this boat to its former glory, but I had to do a lot of looking through the 'clutter'

The survey revealed a good sound boat with a few cosmetic problems, but nothing I couldn't deal with and after the usual negotiations a deal was reached.

We left the boat on the Thames for three seasons before bringing her up to the Fish and Duck, on the Ouse, near Ely last year.

It has been a joy to work on her, all the furnishings have been replaced, the heads refurbished and flooring in the cockpit replaced.

This years project has been the replacement of the wooden rubbing strake, sadly the original was just too rotted in to many places and cutting in replacement woods was just not feasible, so I took the decision to fully replace with an aluminium strake, which I have to say looks great - well pleased!

Like many boaters on this forum owning these old boats is a joy and yes they can be a bit of a 'money pit', but tell me a hobby that isn't.

Looking forward to taking her out to sea next year and blasting around in the Wash, should be good fun !

I'll keep you posted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Steve

Steve How
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Aspray 1 Freeman 32 Mk2 Empty Re: Aspray 1 Freeman 32 Mk2

Post by Prof Pat Pending Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Welcome to the forum Smile 

Lovely boat, nicely finished
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by driftwood Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:39 pm

welcome .....she looks very tidy Very Happy
driftwood
driftwood
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve How Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Thank you.... still lots to do on it though

Steve How
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Simritdave Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Looks great Steve.  Maybe you could consider doing what Liberty (Delano) did last year and bring her to the Norfolk Broads meet in August.
There is a long thread about Libertys trip to The Broads, he came from St Neots.
Simritdave
Simritdave
Lieutenant Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down