@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just to say "Hi!"

3 posters

Go down

Just to say "Hi!" Empty Just to say "Hi!"

Post by Mrs Barrable Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:37 pm

In the middle of last month, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Freeman 23. One week into ownership, I took her, accompanied by my trusty Norman 20 up to the boats' winter quarters.  There she was hoisted out of the water.  The river has since left its banks and now come out to find her once again!  So my final Norman 20 trip has had to be postponed for a couple of weeks , in the hope of lower land based water levels.  Still I did manage over an hours cruising on the new boat, now renamed as "Mrs Barrable".  When the car park (dry standing) is dry enough the loose "P" bracket is to be looked at and then antifouling and such will be done.
I found this site a short while back and have spent some hours reading and making notes for next season.
who knows, maybe I'll see some of the Broads based members afloat after Easter?  Meanwhile contemplation of several and many new projects takes place!
Andrew K

Mrs Barrable
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Just to say "Hi!" Empty Re: Just to say "Hi!"

Post by Skinson Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:27 am

Hi and welcome. Hope you have many happy years ahead on the the 23. They're great boats.

Skinson
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Barrable Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:30 pm

Thanks.  Currently planning lots of jobs to be done. Things to be added/modified.
Made a new table lamp for the saloon 12v dc.  Working out how to sort out the toilet.  All good fun.  Christmas project to reupholster the saloon, and make curtains.

Mrs Barrable
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:32 pm

Hi and Welcome Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://freeman-cruisers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down