@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on boat sale

5 posters

Go down

Advice on boat sale  Empty Advice on boat sale

Post by MrGrumpy Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:27 pm

Evening all . Well as the title says I'm probably selling my boat . I never thought I would say that ! unfortunately my finances where completely wiped out by COVID and with great regret I'm going to have to let go of my Dragonfly. She is a 22 mk 2 with trailer. Bad points will need a new canopy soon the upper rubbing strake needs attention and the trailer needs work . Good points engine runs like a dream all windows rebuilt and resealed 2 years ago cabin floor replaced this year diesel heater fitted and keeps the boat super warm and cosy . Currently on Ullswater. My questions are approximate value and where is the best place to advertise. Any advice much appreciated kind regards Ben

MrGrumpy
Sub Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Advice on boat sale  Empty Re: Advice on boat sale

Post by RichK Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:30 am

Sorry to read you have to let her go. If you are on Facebook the Freeman pages have a big following or try Apollo Duck or even an eBay advert. Price wise really depends on condition of bodywork, upholstery etc. 22 Mk2's seem to be in the £6k up to £12k bracket for a very good one. Prices easing a bit now with the economy and end of the Summer. Considering selling my near immaculate 23 due to wife's health's means not using her to much and unsure whether to leave till the Spring. All the best going forward.
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGrumpy Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:51 pm

Thanks for that I may have to join Facebook!!!!!

MrGrumpy
Sub Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:18 pm

1. Hi there. I might be tempted to tow it to the Lancaster Canal. Freemans do well on their. You could ask bridge House marina. They sold my last boat and were excellent. If you do FB join the Lancaster Canal forum.  I don't have it but is not a private site.

Last edited by Jed on Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jed
Jed
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Jed Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:20 pm

Rich. So sorry to hear about your wife and selling your 23. Sending you best wishes.
Jed
Jed
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGrumpy Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:27 pm

Thanks Jed iv signed up to the face book group I would rather it stayed in the community. Iv had several fender kickers so would rather deal with enthusiasts than people who want her for a rental. Rich sorry you had to sell yours I feel your pain

MrGrumpy
Sub Lieutenant

Jed likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:49 pm

Thanks Jed and MrG, put it off for a fair while but just a waste of a nice boat just looking pretty in the water. All I seem to do is an hour round trip to the marina, clean her and start her up every week at the moment. Still loathed to advertise it, craning out next week so will overwinter and do some soul searching before the Spring. Do have someone interested but prices stalling a bit at the moment with being the end of summer and interest rates spiralling etc.
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Jed likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Minerva Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:21 pm

Rich wrote:All I seem to do is an hour round trip to the marina, clean her and start her up every week at the moment. 

I actually quite enjoy doing simply that!  If you stop enjoying it and that is a chore then move it on, but if you enjoy faffing around with it and you can afford it then don’t beat yourself up!

Sorry to hear about your missus and wish all the best for her recovery.  My wife has never been into the boat or boating but for me just escaping to the river for an hour or two even if it’s only to start the engines and polish the knobs is a sort of reset for my mental health!! It don’t really matter if there is pandemic, war or petrol rationing, I’m not parting with my beloved boat until I either physically can’t get there or I forget where I left her!

Minerva
Rear Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by F23 flittermouse - RIP Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:04 am

Minerva, Rich, Mr G.... I know that feeling, my wife's ( and me!) have already well passed the three score and ten mark and health is not the best, and using the boat less and less is a concern. But like you Minerva, the boat is a haven, especially where we are moored, just to spend an afternoon tinkering is heaven for us both. It's also coming home again this winter (courtesy of Tony TB) and to be able to climb aboard to carry out odd jobs anytime I want stirs the interest !
There will come a time !!! But for now we keep going  Smile
F23 flittermouse - RIP
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Vice Admiral

Minerva likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGrumpy Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:54 pm

I'm hanging in there guys . The last straw was a guy who knows the boat inside out and been hassling me to buy it then decided he would drop the offer by 2K . I sat on the bow with a large whiskey listening to roaring stags on the fell I will have to sell some of my other treasure to get through winter but maybe things will get better next year . Here's wishing us all a better one next boating season. Regards Ben

MrGrumpy
Sub Lieutenant

Jed and Minerva like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down