@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAY OUT

Go down

DAY OUT  Empty DAY OUT

Post by bigscale Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:02 am

Went out with Tony Thursday and Friday she started up beautifully and we had two days cruising and great weather must say the engine run like a dream still getting smoke or steam from the exhaust we left early and was quite cold which of course produced quite a lot more steam or smoke anyway on the way home a 22 mk2  passed by and going about the same speed and was doing the same amount of smoke or steam so perhaps I should stop worrying
bigscale
bigscale
Commodore

http://bigscale@btibternet.com

Back to top Go down

DAY OUT  Empty Re: DAY OUT

Post by bigscale Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:46 pm

Went for a couple of days cruising from Huntingdon to Ely all went well till we reached the old west river about halfway along
the engine started to overheat again I looked at the impeller that was fine took of the pipe water coming through anyway cut a long story short we had two nice people a woman and her husband gave us a tow to the lazy otter pub Richard an RCR engineer came out and found the problem weed in the intake pipe he reckoned it had been building up for ages so off we went and she was running 10% cooler than when she was running normally got two thirds down the Old West when we suddenly lose control of steering a few minutes later and she was normal we reckoned that something got round the propellor
that is a long story cut short my new motto is to avoid the old west many people complain about the weed etc and too many times have at to get rid of weed so going to avoid it
bigscale
bigscale
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by bigscale Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:17 pm

just returned from a two-day cruise and once again this is a moan about the EA Godmanchester lock is still so hard to close I cannot manage it when you try to close it you can feel it scrap the bottom reported a fortnight ago and yesterday not holding my breath also the lock at Brampton is very hard to close reported that last summer everyone I talk to on the river agree the EA take your money and do nothing around here there are so many trees in the river but the  EA say it is not their responsibility I would have thought an obstacle abstracting the river was their responsibility,it is put up your licence fee and less service is their motto
bigscale
bigscale
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum