@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all

+5
Minerva
bigscale
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Prof Pat Pending
Cockatoo
9 posters

Go down

Hello all Empty Hello all

Post by Cockatoo Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:10 pm

Just a quick post by way of introduction.

My wife, Debs, and I have just bought a F33 Sedan. We decided earlier in the year to start looking with a view to buying towards the end of the year, drew up a wish list and started trawling the ads and brokers. This was actually the first boat we saw and after a while of comparing everything we saw to this one decided to make an offer for her. Ten days later I spent my first night aboard and have been here since (bought 26/06/19). I've got a part-time/casual job locally which, along with the never ending jobs to do on Cockatoo, should keep me out of trouble for a few years. Debs travels up from her job at Stansted Airport midweek for the night and then comes back weekends, spending the other few nights at home in Waltham Abbey.

Over the coming weeks I will no doubt have a lot of questions (some stupid ones I'm sure) Very Happy 

Meanwhile I am determined to complete one job every day (even if it's only a small job) I'm not at work which so far is going well.

Steve
Cockatoo
Cockatoo
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Hello all Empty Re: Hello all

Post by Prof Pat Pending Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Welcome aboard Steve 🙂

Good luck with the job list, but at some point remember to enjoy the boat 😉
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by F23 flittermouse - RIP Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:05 am

Living the life ! 😎 🛫🛳🎉⚓
F23 flittermouse - RIP
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Cockatoo Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:31 am

Prof Pat Pending wrote:Welcome aboard Steve 🙂

Good luck with the job list, but at some point remember to enjoy the boat 😉

Oh we will  Very Happy

Debs has booked a series of 3-4 day weekends from work for this year so we can take day/overnight trips most weekends with longer trips about once a month. Right at the moment a family illness is stopping us going too far as I want to be reasonably near the car.
Cockatoo
Cockatoo
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by bigscale Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Good luck with your new boat and having jobs to do the rest of your life what was it a wise person said a boat is like an(endless well you keep throwing money in) but the trouble is we are all addicted
bigscale
bigscale
Commodore

http://bigscale@btibternet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Minerva Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:51 pm

The more you do yourself the cheaper it is. Obvious really. For me it’s time expensive not cash expensive. The main expense is mooring fees.

Minerva
Rear Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:59 pm

Minerva wrote:The more you do yourself the cheaper it is. Obvious really. For me it’s time expensive not cash expensive. The main expense is mooring fees.

You do seem to get more time than most of us Razz
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Minerva Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:51 am

Lol...I’ve been on a four day week which helps!

Minerva
Rear Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by BotleyBouy Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:43 am

I've had my boat just over a year and I've done some job or other either on or off/for the boat almost every day. I gave myself Christmas Day off  Laughing All the big jobs are now done (bar the side windows) and now it's mainly tinkering. I think I've enjoyed the work/tinkering as much as I enjoy sailing. Weird!

It's a great way to spend one's time!

BotleyBouy
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Cockatoo Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:53 am

I can do most things myself

except woodwork. I am to woodwork as a drunken monkey with a paintbrush is to fine art. Luckily my brother is brilliant with wood and he has a quiet time over the late autumn early winter period   Very Happy
Cockatoo
Cockatoo
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by bigscale Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:24 am

I can relate to that in school technical drawing A WOODWORK D hopefully all problems solved now pat but I hate things that are old and worn (like me) and so I have gradually improved them rewired new control panel led lighting etc, etc, etc
bigscale
bigscale
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:59 pm

It must give you a lot of satisfaction, to be comfortable with the boat. 
The fact is you now know it almost inside out and that gives satisfaction too - because anything that happens in future you now how to fix it, or give it a miss and no need to worry i.e. get on with the pleasure of going out with more confidence and having friends and family enjoy it with you, which I imagine is why you bought it in the first place - and the way you dreamt boating would be! (Like all of us lol)
Actually I think you should congratulate yourself. You've had more than your ration of moments.

Stephen
Lieutenant Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by bigscale Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Thanks, Stephen I do get a lot of pleasure working on the boat, relined the wheelhouse area and stained and varnished this year decided to change the interior lighting again this year just brought new net curtains but got them from Amazon light blue embroidery and well made whole boat cost £40 and new carpet  so she is looking good,will post photos soon
bigscale
bigscale
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Boltmaker Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Cockatoo wrote:Just a quick post by way of introduction.

My wife, Debs, and I have just bought a F33 Sedan. We decided earlier in the year to start looking with a view to buying towards the end of the year, drew up a wish list and started trawling the ads and brokers. This was actually the first boat we saw and after a while of comparing everything we saw to this one decided to make an offer for her. Ten days later I spent my first night aboard and have been here since (bought 26/06/19). I've got a part-time/casual job locally which, along with the never ending jobs to do on Cockatoo, should keep me out of trouble for a few years. Debs travels up from her job at Stansted Airport midweek for the night and then comes back weekends, spending the other few nights at home in Waltham Abbey.

Over the coming weeks I will no doubt have a lot of questions (some stupid ones I'm sure) Very Happy 

Meanwhile I am determined to complete one job every day (even if it's only a small job) I'm not at work which so far is going well.

Steve

Boltmaker
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi Boltmaker, welcome to the forum. I see you have one of the aristocrats of the Freeman range - tell us more about her, name etc?

You'll see a button to the right above your post marked 'edit'. It allows you to return to your post and add or change anything as I'm guessing you meant to add a comment of your own to your quote of Cockatoo's first post, and then resubmit. Also gives an opportunity to add some info about yourself - which waterway you're on is always interesting to other members. 

Cheers.

Stephen
Lieutenant Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by bigscale Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:22 am

I have just seen a sedan at jones boatyard on the great ouse what a lovely boat this was in pristine condition beautiful red upholstery price £23,000 if I could  afford it I would have brought it
bigscale
bigscale
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by pipedream Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Welcome I was beginning to feel the odd one out though always welcomed.
I have had my 33 Sedan 4 years now and would take a lot of persuading to change it.
There are no silly questions only requests for knowledge
Hope you enjoy your new little ship
pipedream
pipedream
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum