@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeman 22 (I think!) Restoration Project

Go down

Freeman 22 (I think!) Restoration Project Empty Freeman 22 (I think!) Restoration Project

Post by Martyn Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:01 pm

I have acquired a very tired Freeman, probably a 22, with what looks like a sound hull but missing some windows and stuff.  Engine, gearbox and prop shaft are in place and look OK.  It is currently sat on a 4-wheel trailer, not properly secured and work would be needed to make it all roadworthy.
I have set no price on it, nor will there be an auction - it will be first come, first served and go to whoever wants it and makes a sensible offer for it (we are not talking £k here!).
It is very definitely a restoration task, far beyond me but it seems a shame to have to junk what could be a useful cruiser. As I said, all the main bits seem to be there, with what looks like a spare set of instruments and wiring looking like a rat's nest because of some half-completed work going on before the owner passed away.
If anyone is interested, please send me private message and I will email some pix to help you decide one way or another.

Martyn
Midshipman

Back to top Go down