@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.

+8
Chickadee
Simritdave
Chris Meyer
Prof Pat Pending
RichK
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Dermot
Liberty
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.

Post by Prof Pat Pending Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Get a wriggle on Deano, 102 is coming up past Clacton Wink
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Liberty's trip to the Broads meet.

Post by Prof Pat Pending Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Chris Meyer wrote:I watched a video recently where she seemed to, unaccountably, describe a full 360, or was that under control Very Happy

It would appear that Deano's mystery steering problem has reoccurred Captain

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by F23 flittermouse - RIP Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:54 pm

Is that what they mean by "swinging the compass" ?
F23 flittermouse - RIP
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Simritdave Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:24 pm

It looks like he's moored up to one of the wind turbines - I guess waiting on the tide before going into Wells for his Fish and Chip supper.  Jealous!! toast Well done Deano, remember to hang a right when you leave Wells.
Simritdave
Simritdave
Lieutenant Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Boat logger shows him still off shore but Marine Traffic has him logged right in the estuary by Wells.
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:51 pm

MADE IT!
Moored up in Wells!
Uneventful day at sea. A steady cruise at 6 knots most of the way. Occasional bursts of speed and a bit of chasing around after a fast rib. Couldn't catch him though. The sea sickness pills were a waste of time as the swell was much less than expected. They just made me sleepy. Fell asleep at the wheel once or twice so I put the kettle on and made a coffee. I got to Wells early so dropped anchor in Holkom Bay and had an hours kip. As darkness fell I upped anchor and blasted in to wells. It was the lowest tide I've ever come into Wells and touched the bottom a few times. The self deploying fenders worked a treat and I moored up single handed without drama.
Now in the pub having another well earned pint of Wherry.
Tomorrow will be a chilled day working out the best approach for the next leg. This will be the first time I have left Wells and turned right.
Two major firsts for me today. First time at sea single handed and the first time into Wells in the dark!!
37 miles in 9 hours. Quarter of the small diesel tanks still left. Haven't touched the big tanks yet!!
Lock up your daughters---- I'm on my way to the Norfolk broads!!!!!!!
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Meyer Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Congratulations, I'm finding following your journey fascinating, not too mention jealous.

Chris Meyer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Your single handed Shocked assumed you had a crew with you. Well done, weather looks bad all over for tomorrow. Well earned night sleep I think Smile
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:02 pm

There's a spare berth if you can make it to Wells!
I must be getting closer to Woodbastwik as the Wherry is now ont £3 a pint!! That's 80p cheaper than Ely. Buy 4 get one free!!
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:10 pm

If I wasn't up to my eyes with wedding stuff for my daughter for next weekend, (I know bad timing for the Broads meet Crying or Very sad ) I would have loved to.
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:42 am

Yep, tomorrow is looking pretty cr@ppy, stay with the cheap beer Very Happy

Fascinating trip, and single handing a 32 is impressive, especially away from the relative comfort of the river
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:37 pm

Where bist Deano ? Looks like you have fell off the end of the earth Shocked  Can't find you on Marine Traffic, maybe your signals down.
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Pretty sure that he's staying put today
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Don't blame him in this foul weather. Looks like his is well on schedule though.
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:50 pm

50 or so miles by sea then into the Broads for a cruise of around 5hrs iirc
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:18 pm

A nice easy day for Deano then Laughing
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:40 pm

Easy day in port. The muscles down each side ache with the constant rocking yesterday. Tides and weather conditions not conducive to the next leg. May be a few days before it all comes together for the next leg. Meanwhile I sit here and read a good book and watch the rain. All good fun on the good ship Liberty.
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:43 pm

[quote] single handing a 32 is impressive, especially away from the relative comfort of the river[\quote]

I'm lead to believe a previous owner single handed her across the North Sea to Holland. 17 hours at the wheel. Although he did have the support and company of a dozen other baits all on the same trip.
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:43 pm

More of that cheap beer?
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:46 pm

No beer yet!! The free internet at Wells is up and down often!! Though for free what more can you ask!! Free at £22 per night mooring fee!!
Can't afford to stay here too long. I need to buy a river licence for the Broads too!!'
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Still plenty of time, ease the pain of aching muscles
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:40 pm

Good deed done for the day. Just pulled a woman out of wells harbour. Fell of a boat when mooring up!! Pitch black!!! There by the grace of God!!
All fine. She has been sent for a hot shower.
Young couple on a Freeman 24 came across from Boston.
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:53 pm

Nice job Smile
I hope you told them to join the forum so you can save them more regularly Wink
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:25 am

It looks like they lost their rudder as they approached Wells. They have and outboard on a bracket so we're able to use that to steer-ish!!!
I was sat at the helm having a a last beer and watching the wind farm boats come in on the AIS and this boat was coming in and even in the pitch black something looked wrong. Couldn't put my finger on it but he was passing me and I could see bothe port and starboard nab lights so I grabbed my waterproof jacket as it was pissing it down and went to catch his ropes. Ended up catching his wife!! He offered to buy me a pint for saving her, then as the true Yorkshire man he is, changed that offer to half a pint as she is only small.
Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:29 am

lol! 

I guess he could have said you owe him a pint splash
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next