@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeman 26 - Bad Moon

+2
Prof Pat Pending
yorkee
6 posters

Go down

Freeman 26 - Bad Moon Empty Freeman 26 - Bad Moon

Post by yorkee Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:29 am

Hello All....
First time here so excuse me please if I make an a*** of it!
Have just become owner of one 26' Freeman, circa 1976 im assured, stripped to the bones,with one and a half perkins 4107s!
All original fittings came with it, all I have to do is rebuild it! anyone have the instructions?
Decided on a name already, "Bad Moon" after my fave Creedance tune, hope to get Project Bad Moon underway just as soon as I get back onshore!
Thanks for having me!
jocolor
yorkee
yorkee
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Freeman 26 - Bad Moon Empty Re: Freeman 26 - Bad Moon

Post by Prof Pat Pending Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:40 am

Welcome to the forum Yorkee

WOW! that's a winter project affraid I'm sure you'll have fun and get plenty of satisfaction doing it.

Spares are readily available for the engines and the boats, so you shouldn’t face any major problems should you find anything missing.

You'll get plenty of help and good advice here, the best I can give at this stage is one step at a time Smile
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkee Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:08 am

Thanks Prof!
the Mrs isnt "boat orientated" and thinks the project will distract me from finishing the the house refurb! Rolling Eyes so I may end up living in the boat in my garden and rebuilding it as a sitting tenant!
Still trying to work out how to include pics in posts! give me time I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
yorkee
yorkee
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:59 am

Hi and welcome....
I don't know if you have boated before, so please forgive me for grandmother/eggs/suck.

Don't do anything until you have read the Boat Safety Scheme regulations. It will be a real pain if you fail the BSS on something you could have done correctly in the first place.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Liberty
Liberty
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am

Good advice from Deano as always Smile 

For inserting images, there are a couple of threads in Feedback/tips & Tricks that may help

Keep an eye on the broads meet thread in events, nobody will mind if you show up without a boat and a cruise down the river on a summers day will win over SWMBO Wink and you can be certain to be able to have a chat with the owner of a nice 26
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by F23 flittermouse - RIP Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 am

Hi  'Bad Moon', what others have said is good info so I needn't add anything to it except Welcome   pirat
F23 flittermouse - RIP
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by Simritdave Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi Yorkee and welcome, my F26 is normally located in Potter Heigham, if you need to look/check anything, please don't hesitate to PM me and I am sure we can arrange for you to have a "look see"
Robin Richardson at Phoenix Fleet (Potter Heigham), has recently completely refurbished a F26 with Perkins 4107s (twin), he too may be worth having a chat with.

Last edited by Simritdave on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Simritdave
Simritdave
Lieutenant Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkee Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Simritdave wrote:Hi Yorkee and welcome, my F26 is normally located in Potter Heigham, if you need to look/check anything, please don't hesitate to PM me and I am sure we can arrange for you to have a "look see"
Robin Richardson at Phoenix Fleet (Potter Heigham), has recently completely refurbished a F26 with Perkins 4107s (twin), he too may be worth having a chat with.

Many thanks for the generous offer but I fear you may have found yourself an aquatic squatter   lol!

Mr Richardsons boat wouldnt be the curiously coloured pale yellowish vessle moored up in Potter would it? Question
yorkee
yorkee
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Simritdave Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Yes it is.  Has a story to tell about how he came across it (guilty m'lud) and the strange shade of yellow. 

I understand he could be re-engining it with 2 new Nanis, not sure what he will do with the old ones.
Simritdave
Simritdave
Lieutenant Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkee Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:01 am

"I understand he could be re-engining it with 2 new Nanis, not sure what he will do with the old ones." Hmmm Idea

At present I have one and a half engines, and im not sure the whole one is a runner, I only know it turns over!

Please do tell the story of the "yellow Boat", I love a good yarn!
yorkee
yorkee
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dermot Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 am

Hi,

I also have an F26 twin Perkins 4108s project, but on (well, beside) The Thames. Happy to share tips, experiences etc, maybe even help out. Do you have any pictures of Bad Moon?

Dermot

Dermot
Sub Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkee Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Evening All
Picture of Bad Moon as requested Dermot, well most of its in there anyway clown
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I did wonder about the little square sockets in the box until looking at pics of other boats I realised they were sockets for the original boarding ladder, and lo and behold I think Ive found that very thing in the boat, a very nice mahogany ladder with chromed castings to fit the sockets.
yorkee
yorkee
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dermot Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:11 am

Was this boat in Burton Waters by any chance?

Dermot
Sub Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkee Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:34 am

The very same craft Dermot, would you know anything of the boats history perchance?
yorkee
yorkee
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Simritdave Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:18 am

If it was for sale and was a project challenge, Dermot would have had it in his sights, he loves a challenge Titanic  lol!
Simritdave
Simritdave
Lieutenant Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkee Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:39 pm

simritdave, we didnt, perchance spy your boat drifiting past TFI this afternoon did we??
yorkee
yorkee
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dermot Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:40 pm

I was very interested in it for a few weeks and seriously considered buying it.  Dave is right, I do love a challenge Smile

I already have an F26 project and intended to make one good one out of the two or at least use some of the bits as patterns for the bits missing on my one  ('Renern').  In the end, it needed more work than my current one so I decided to leave it.  I hope you got it for a good price.  Where are you keeping her?  All the bits seem to be there but what are you missing?  Maybe you even have some bits left over that I could use!!  

Mine is on hard standing in Weybridge and I have it well covered under a frame.  I'll be at last lifting the engines back in in a couple of weeks.  Then I'll reassemble the cockpit and put on the hard top I bought from Dave a couple of years ago (!).  That's the plan anyway.... Smile

Dermot

Dermot
Sub Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Simritdave Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi Yorkee, yep, that would have been us.  We are now moored just upstream by Black Horse Broad for the night.  Will be going back to Ferry tomorrow. 
You should have hailed us, I would have come alongside and said Hello.
Simritdave
Simritdave
Lieutenant Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down