THERE A BLUEBIRD ON MY SHOULDER AND THE SKY IS BLUE ABOVE AND ONCE AGAIN IT IS THE RIVER I LOVE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THERE A BLUEBIRD ON MY SHOULDER AND THE SKY IS BLUE ABOVE AND ONCE AGAIN IT IS THE RIVER I LOVE

Post by bigscale on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi everyone first real trip out this season, today went for a 2 hr trip to st ives  had a couple of pints and fish and chips with mushy peas of course then cruised back to Brampton mill another couple of pints
back to my moorings about 5 to 6 hrs cruising in all and she never faltered  over the moon  going out again tomorrow got to get some boating in
 Now were is paul robeson to give me a rendition of old man river
bigscale
Lieutenant

http://bigscale@btibternet.com

Back to top Go down

Re: THERE A BLUEBIRD ON MY SHOULDER AND THE SKY IS BLUE ABOVE AND ONCE AGAIN IT IS THE RIVER I LOVE

Post by Prof Pat Pending on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:15 pm

Sounds like the perfect day John Smile
Prof Pat Pending
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Re: THERE A BLUEBIRD ON MY SHOULDER AND THE SKY IS BLUE ABOVE AND ONCE AGAIN IT IS THE RIVER I LOVE

Post by catherinerose on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:06 am

FANTASTIC so please you got her fixed what a long road been there!
catherinerose
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post by bigscale on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:42 am

Thanks midshipman many times i was ready to give up but once behind the steering and the peace saw a sparrow hawk
hoovering i knew i was glad i stuck it out  by the way received electronic ignition today payed for upgrade in sparking plugs sent ones in the kit on the phone to accuspark  monday oh well who wants it easy
bigscale
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by catherinerose on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 pm

Watching the Herons and Swans on a peacful day on the Avon Yesterday
catherinerose
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Meyer on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 am

Hurray, glad you finally got it sorted, sounds perfect, except for the mushy peas, each to his own.  Glad you're finally cruising again toast

Chris Meyer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 am

Now don't break it again
RichK
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by bigscale on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Hope not Rich got a siren oil alarm and a engine sensor alarm fitted she running like a dream you can hardly hear her ticking over all the marina and people on the river where glad to see me and i would like to say thank you to all of you who wished me well i am grateful for all the advice and friendship given
bigscale
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Glad you are back boating again and enjoy what's left of the season
RichK
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Meyer on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:13 pm

By my reckoning there's 97 days left in this season, next season starts in 98 days, new years day cruise planned, bottle of port and a plate of warm mince pies for our local lock keepers.  Mulled wine on the stove for the crew.

Chris Meyer
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by molemot on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:20 pm

I can relate to this....I have been battling a recalcitrant engine for a good few days...turned out to be the slow running jet in the carburetter being obstructed  by an infinitesimally small lump of something; it was only when I finally got the inspection glasses out (the ones that look like the bottom of Coca-Cola bottles) that it became visible. Once I'd got rid of that...and readjusted all the settings I'd adjusted to try to get it to work properly...and adjusted the throttle linkage with a mole wrench and a good heave....she finally started ideling "Pocketa-pocketa-pocketa" like she should. Happy days!!

Then I filled the water tank and found the water pump didn't.....that turned out to be some blasted non-rent-paying rodent having eaten the wiring....still better than the year when one of them ate the Heinz tomato sauce bottle...cursed modern plastic things, the old glass ones would have blunted it's molars. After rewiring that, things got better.

Today I have loaded ship...provisions, wine, bourbon, soft drink mixers, the freezer is freezing and the fridge is fridging and the microwave is probably microwaving but it's fresh out of the box so untested. The cooker hob grill and oven all work....so all I have to do now is to fill the tanks, get the guitar aboard and head off to the main line from the Port de Plaisance in Briare. I shall be going south on the Canal lateral a la Loire, but not much further than my little chalet "Mole End" in Léré, as on the 9th October I finally get the work started to replace the flooring that perished in last winter's burst pipe flood....

I have also dined very nicely, thank you, at the splendid little restaurant by my mooring.. Le Petit St. Trop'.... so I am as replete as a tick. Time for bed, said Zebedee....

molemot
Freeman Laureate

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:33 am

Sounds great, have fun Smile 

I hope you've ejected said rodent and not sharing any provisions
Prof Pat Pending
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by molemot on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:01 am

I think Trillium was rodent's winter quarters only...no sign of it other than the chewed wiring!!

molemot
Freeman Laureate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top