@Freeman Cruisers Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all "Freemanites"

4 posters

Go down

Hello all "Freemanites" Empty Hello all "Freemanites"

Post by Morning Tide Thu May 25, 2017 12:51 pm

Hello we are newbies to the forum.

A while back we (i.e. me=Crispian [the captain with empty pockets] , wife=Nicky [galley slave and G&T tester], 10-yo boy = Alex [trainee deck crew and loudest snorer] 5yo boy = Toby [head of ship board entertainment]) purchased a very tidy 1973 Freeman 23 called 'Morning Tide' - some of you may know her as she has been on the Broads, well forever...

We are moored in Stalham and we live about 10 mins away so we use her quite a bit.

Being a fussy bugger I am working my way through various niggles that other Freemanites might be able to help with....

• First is the horrendous and quite dodgy wiring! Has anyone got a wiring diagram for a 23? Apparently Freeman don't have one...

• Second is the awful curtains which need replacing (this is actually no 1 on my wife's list and I have put it at number 2 under protest)...having just forked out a quad-zillion euroadollapounds on wiring supplies, I am not sure I can raise the £480 for a new set from Freeman right at the mo - anyone know of anyone who is a cheap curtain maker?

• Thirdly is my squashy deck. Any solutions for this? I was thinking of drilling a series of 6mm holes in the cabin and squirting foam back in? Also the deck has been poorly painted with Dulux godonlyknows. Was thinking she would look great with a proper calked teak deck. Anyone done that on a 23? Or is that just against the grain? (pun intended).

Cheers

Cris

Morning Tide
Officer Cadet

Back to top Go down

Hello all "Freemanites" Empty Re: Hello all "Freemanites"

Post by RichK Thu May 25, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi and welcome aboard. Wiring, there is no real wiring diagram as such, just a case of tracing things back etc, curtains, find a good local curtain maker which should work out a lot cheaper. Soft decks, I did mine a couple of years back, it is just the case of loads of holes drilled UNDERNEATH the deck and injecting expanding foam. There is a lot about it in previous threads.
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by F23 flittermouse - RIP Thu May 25, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi Cris
I see you made it onto here, Welcome !!
Any queries are best put in the relevant section otherwise they can get lost in the general posts
At some stage all your queries have been addressed, try looking in the relevant sections. I will try and give you some links later, but I'm out in a minute.
Cheers for now
Derek
F23 flittermouse - RIP
F23 flittermouse - RIP
Vice Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Thu May 25, 2017 10:27 pm

There are a few foaming pictures in my gallery, on the home page click gallery then on the left hand side lower down click Users personal album then click mine which is RichK. Links below on foam decks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Prof Pat Pending Fri May 26, 2017 12:45 am

Welcome to the forum Smile 

I posted some pics of a 23 with a teak ( sort of ) deck a while back 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not sure it's for me if I'm honest
Prof Pat Pending
Prof Pat Pending
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK Fri May 26, 2017 9:33 am

I do like a nice varnished wooden boat. That doesn't look too bad. Would have been better to remove the deck fittings and refit afterwards though.
RichK
RichK
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum